じこしょうかい 



 はじめまして。
ぼくはMcMillanです。
あめりかじんです。
いちねんせいです。
せんこうはせいじがくです。
どうぞよろしく。

Phew, writing in Japanese on a computer sure isn't easy, but hopefully I introduced myself okay...
As for what I want to introduce, it is a place in Akihabara, Tokyo famous for its huge collection of video game paraphernalia:


SUPER POTATO!

Don't let the name fool you, this is a Mecca for all things involved with retro gaming from the Nintendo Famicom to Japanese exclusives to a whole floor filled with retro arcade games. While this has always been by number one for visiting in Japan (even if my wallet doesn't agree), I'm interested in Akihabara as a whole for being the center of Japanese Pop Culture, my first reason for becoming interested in the Japanese language.Among visiting Tokyo, I'm hoping learning the Japanese language can aid me in traveling across the whole country to experience its culture. じゃあまた。 

Comments

  1. Good job with your じこしょうかい. あきはばら seems like a lot of fun to visit, especially 'Super Potato'. If I ever end up there, I'm not leaving without some retro Nintendo gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about arcade game places like that in ときょ. They seem very fun! I cannot wait to experience the culture in にほん, too. Are you going to study abroad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. はい、I really hope I can spend a semester in Japan!

      Delete
  3. You did well with your ひらがな! Have you been to Japan before, or are you planning on studying abroad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. はい、I hope that a lot of us get the chance to spend time in Japan!

      Delete
  4. Wow I am also looking forward to visit あきはばら! I think after learning にほんご we will have a better experience there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love Nintendo games! Akihabara seems like a heaven for video games as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Akihabara too! I bought so many things when I was there last time. McMillan さん,どおぞよぉしく!

    ReplyDelete
  7. あきはばらis very great. The centre of electronics, games, action figures, comic books, and much more. However, you need to be careful tho as they also have lots of Japanese girls comic books, LOL.
    Anyways, good luck and がんばって with your にほんごのじゅぎょ!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

まいにちの せいがつ