マクミランさん watches:「鬼滅つの刃」

Image result for kimetsu no yaiba

This week, I watched the season finale of a popular shonen anime: Kimetsu no Yaiba. The story is about a boy, Tanjiro, who, when most of his family is killed by demons and his sister is turned into one, decides to join a secret organization of swordsmen that combats the demons: the Demon Slaying Corps. With his special swordsman training and sister Nezuko's new demon powers, the pair join up with a bunch of different demon hunters to fight the demon leader: Muzan, and his legion of powerful demons. In this episode, Tanjiro and his demon hunter friends Zenitsu and Inosuke finish their training/recovery in a special estate filled with helpful workers, after a brutal battle with some demon leaders. After saying their goodbyes, the group is given orders to accompany one of leaders of the Demon Slayer Corps to hunt another powerful demon on a train. Unfortunately, the season ended on a cliffhanger before the arc could start, however, the good news is that a movie was announced that would cover the entire arc! I am excited for the future of this series, and I believe watching it is displaying my growing Japanese skills! The anime takes place within Japan, so it is interesting to see cultural aspects like honorifics or Meiji era aesthetics. I was surprised how I could recognize verb tense without subtitles, and knowing a lot of the words used. I am excited to continue watching anime alongside my Japanese studies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

まいにちの せいがつ