マクミランさんは僕のヒーローアカデミアを見る
My never-ending quest of watching the new season of Boku no Hero Academia continues! I'm honestly not sure how many episodes are in this season, but I believe 24 episodes are the standard for a single season of TV anime. For a shonen anime, which is usually all about fights or sports, the current school festival arc is a little slow... However, the climax of the arc does have a pretty intense battle, so I am looking forward to that. In this episode, which was more comedy/plot focused, hero class 1-A decides their class will hold a music/dance performance in order to entertain all the students throughout the school. They have Jiro teach everyone the music, and Mina teach everyone the dance. Then, Mirio and Deku visit the recovering Eri, and invite her to visit the festival to make her feel better after the yakuza battle. Finally, the villains for this arc: Gentle Criminal and La Brava, who gained their fame from posting videos of them committing crime online! They have a lot of personality, so I am looking forward to seeing their antics animated.
As I mentioned in my previous post on the show, the subject for the current arc is a school festival. School festivals (or "culture festivals"), where individual classes host some sort of event, is so present in Japanese culture that it is basically a cliche in media. "Classes" in America are usually an entire grade level, and only host events like homecoming or prom. A Japanese class, as is shown in the show, is comprised of 20-30 students. I think I somewhat prefer the Japanese style, since it seems like you would be able to have closer connections to your classmates, especially from bonding during events like the school festival. Ever since seeing a culture festival in anime, I've always wanted to go to one... though I suppose our Sakura Matsuri is pretty similar?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

まいにちの せいがつ