マクミランさんは僕のヒーローアカデミアを見る
HQ] My Hero Academia - Endeavor HellFlame Fire Sound Effect - YouTube
After months and months this season of Boku no Hero Academia has finally come to a close! I really enjoyed this season as seeing the big fight scenes finally animated (instead of just reading them in manga form) was super cool. This finale episode focused on the Flame Hero Endeavor (フレイムヒーロー エンデヴァー), who is Todoroki's dad and also the new number 1 Japanese Hero after All Might retired during the events of last season. In this episode Endeavor battles a super-powered "noumu" (creatures created by the League of Villains) with the help of other pro heroes like the number 2 hero: Wing Hero Hawks (ウィングヒーロー ホーク). After a really awesome fight scene Endeavor barely wins, and he earns the praise of the Japanese citizens as the true successor to All Might's legacy. 
It has been very interesting to watch this season alongside my Japanese studies for this year. I can now understand the grammar behind some of the translations I see as the subtitles. For example, Endeavor saying "見ていてくれ" is translated as "look at me", as the "見ていて" is a request "to look" while the "くれ" designates the speaker as the target. Being able to better understand things like this is what makes me glad I am studying Japanese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

まいにちの せいがつ