マクミランさんは食戟のソーマをみる
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - Wikipedia
This week I watched the second episode of the final season of Shokugeki no Souma (食戟のソーマ). It is a shonen series centered around "cooking battles" between chefs. The protagonist Yukihira Souma (幸平創真(ゆきひら そうま)) is the son of a famous chef, that enrolls in a prestigious culinary arts high school called the Tōtsuki Tea Ceremony and Cooking Academy (遠月茶寮料理學園 Tōtsuki Saryō Ryōri Gakuen). The story has followed his growth as a chef and his struggles to protect the cooking world from the clutches of would-be evil exploiters. The premise a bit goofy, but I enjoy watching this show much more than I originally thought I would! This episode saw Souma and his classmates compete with each other to secure Tōtsuki's three reserved spots for the most premier cooking competition in the world: the BLUE. Souma and his friends Tadokoro Megumi (田所 恵 (たどころ めぐみ)) and Aldini Takumi (アルディーニ 拓海 (たくみ)) secure the spots, but the episode ends on a cliffhanger when a new sensei at Tōtsuki mysteriously challenges Souma to a cooking duel.
I always was fascinated how a series about cooking was so popular both in and out of Japan, especially when its counterparts in Shonen Jump are focused around much more popular things like action and sports. However, I think the dishes shown are interesting enough for many viewers to keep engaged, including myself. As a country rich with culinary history (and since the story is set there), Japanese dishes make plenty of appearances. In this episode alone I learned of two Japanese dishes: Shio-Koji Tofu and Sobagaki. In actuality, I learned most of what I know about Japanese cooking and food from this show...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

まいにちの せいがつ