マクミランさん は見てる:ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 黄金の風


Image result for jojo ger


I finally finished watching this long anime adaptation of a famous shonen Japanese manga. The finale episode (which I watched) was a special double length episode wrapping up this part of the manga. In it, the protagonist Giorno Giovanna uses his recently upgraded superpowers (called GER or Golden Experience Requiem) to defeat the evil mafia boss Diavolo. It is kind of confusing to explain, but essentially Giorno made it so Diavolo was to be beat up indefinitely (scary...). Unfortunately, Giorno lost many of his friends along the way, and even his best friend in the last episode. However, this part ended on a happier note, with Giorno and the rest of his friends taking over Diavolo's mafia, and using it for good. I really enjoy the JoJo series as a whole, and I am even more excited for the next part, because it takes place in Florida (where am I from). It was very interesting to follow this adaptation, as I went from knowing basically no Japanese to being able to understand many of the words and some grammar without sub-titles! While JoJo is the not the most Japanese series, taking place in different countries most of the time, it has taught me a lot about Japanese grammar structures. Most notably, I have learned some very rude ways to address other people (not that I would, of course)! I am excited to watch other anime with my new Japanese skills!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

まいにちの せいがつ